Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Racism

"A Salute to Hispanic Excellence" was about racism towards hispanic students, they were sharing their experiences, for example people calling them taco, burrito, and many other names. The emotions that they experience was that some student felt uncomfortable by people calling them names and sometimes it was their own culture. other students stated that they were hispanics, but not mexicans like others said. A releted event in my life is when i go to any store for example CVS they always look at me or come and check me just because of how I look, mexican and have tatoos.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with you because I've i seen racists on same type of culture and i think is wrong because even in our own race we are not being respectful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think people that are racist have low self esteam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think alot of people are just racists. And they really have no reason to really feel that way. And it happened in the past and some people are still holding on to their grudges. And Sometimes it is based on what they have heard or just past expericences. And they do not take the time to really get to know the certain race. I think it is just wrong !

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree because its similar to what i think about rasicm ..

    ReplyDelete